lynchburg regional airport
Browse updated travel info, flight status, parking and ground transportation information, airline info and more!
Only Lynchburg Regional Airport brings you directly into Region 2000, a 2000-square-mile district in the heart of Virginia. The airport’s proximity to three major highways, US 29, US 501, and US 460, provides ready access to destinations throughout the region — from business complexes to scenic and historic attractions.
With up to 14 daily arriving and departing flights, Lynchburg Regional Airport provides a variety of flight times for all passengers. Regional carrier service is provided by American Eagle Airlines through Charlotte Douglas International Airport, whose affiliation with a major flagship airline means easy connection and ticketing — no matter where you’re headed!
Lynchburg Regional Airport (LYH), established in 1931, was originally known as Preston Glenn Airport, named in honor of Lt. Preston Glenn, a Lynchburg native who died in service as an Army Air Corps pilot during World War I. In 1992, the airport’s new terminal facility opened for business. Lynchburg Regional Airport/Preston Glenn Field, located at the intersection of Route 29 South and Route 460, is owned by the City of Lynchburg.
Lynchburg Regional Airport is playing a key role in the region’s growth, serving as a convenient global gateway for the area’s international corporations, manufacturing plants, research and development firms, colleges, and universities.
- UPDATE: The Deadline for obtaining a REAL ID has changed! It has been postponed until May 3, 2023. Please see the updated link below:
- Notice of Special Meeting and Agenda – Lynchburg
- Public Notice- Regular Airport Commission Meeting June 20, 2022 CANCELLED
- Public Notice- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Goal July 1, 2021
- Public Notice- Full-Scale Emergency Exercise April 24, 2021
- Public Notice- Regular Airport Commission Meeting April 6,2020 CANCELLED
- Public Notice Airport Coronavirus Security Measures March 12,2020
- Public Notice for Lynchburg Regional Airport Commission Meeting Jan.27, 2020
DOWNLOADS: PERMITS, POLICIES & PLANS
- LYH Airshow Permit Application (form must first be downloaded to hard drive before filling in.)
- LYH Special Event Permit Application(form must first be downloaded to hard drive before filling in.)
- LYH Master Plan(also see LYH Master Plan Appendices)
- LYH Master Plan – Appendices
- Notice: LYHATCT Final EA and FONSI
- LYH ATCT Final EA and FONSI – Document
- LYH Regional Airport Mininum Standards for Aeronautical Services or Activities
- LYH Emergency Contingency Plan
- Aircraft Parking Fees
Our administrative office is located inside the airport passenger terminal. Business hours for the administrative office are from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The administrative office is closed on government holidays observed by the City of Lynchburg. To reach the receptionist during business hours, call (434) 455-6090 ext. 0. The general mailbox email address for the airport is email@example.com.
Andrew LaGalaAirport Director
Cedric SimonAssistant Airport Director Operations and Maintenance
Cathy VanceAssistant Airport Director Finance and Administration
Wesley CampbellAirport Finance Manager
Carmen SinghAdministrative Associate & Marketing Coordinator
AIRPORT COMMISSION INFO, COMMISSION Members, & Meeting Dates
Lynchburg Regional Airport Commission is a nine member advisory board. Eight of the members are representatives from surrounding communities that comprise the Region 2000 area, and the ninth member is a position held by the City Manager.
The Lynchburg Regional Airport Commission meetings are open to the public. They are held in the Airport Administration’s conference room located inside the passenger terminal. Agendas for the commission meetings can be found on the Airport Commission Meeting Package page.
All commission meetings begin at 4:00 p.m., except as noted.
- February 7, 2022
- April 18, 2022
- August 1, 2022
- November 14, 2022
For Airport Commission Meeting Packages click here.
Massie G. Ware, Jr., Chair
Debra M. Allen